ISDI Parsons Mumbai
The Indian School of Design and Innovation ISDI (iss-dee), inaugurated its founding batch of under- and post- graduate studies in July 2013, committing to a new educational model, inspired by the idea of design and innovation as transformative forces in society. Creativity, innovation and sustainability are core to ISDI’s philosophy.
Located in the dynamic coastal city of Mumbai, ISDI offers a series of globally benchmarked Undergraduate Programs (UGP), (foundation year plus three year specialization) for students across the disciplines of fashion, interior, product and communication design. Opportunities to engage in design education for graduates and young professionals started in September 2013, with the launch of ISDI’s the eleven months Post Graduate Programs (PGP).
All the educational programs are built upon the foundation of a forward-thinking and innovative curriculum, industry sponsored projects, national and international collaborations and a deep sense of social and environmental responsibility.
(To know more about ISDI Parsons Mumbai, visit our website www.isdi.in)
Collaboration with Parsons The New School For Design, New York
ISDI is in collaboration with Parsons The New School for Design, New York, a global leader in design education. ISDI will be home to Parsons Mumbai and will benefit from Parsons’ rigorous curriculum, prominent visiting faculty, well established student exchanges and global relationships.
Parsons Mumbai is the academic base for Parsons activities in India, which will include:
- Curriculum development
- Quality assurance
- Student and faculty exchanges
- Collaborative projects with students at Parsons’ campuses in New York and Paris
ISDI offers four year intensive Undergraduate programs, first year plus three year specialization in
- Communication Design
- Product Design
- Interior Design
- Fashion Design.
For graduates and young professionals, ISDI offers eleven month Postgraduate programs in
- Fashion Business Management (FBM)
- Design Innovation (DI)
(To know more about individual programs offered at ISDI, visit our website www.isdi.in)
Campus and facilities
ISDI campus is situated at the North Annex of One Indiabulls Center, in the heart of Mumbai’s central business district of Parel.
On campus, ISDIans benefit from access to the latest facilities and infrastructure needed for design education:
- Dedicated Studio Spaces
- Community Learning Spaces
- Fabricated Suites for Prototyping
- Team Rooms for problem Solving
- Computer Laboratories
- Display Spaces for Student Work
- Galleries and Auditoriums
- Canteen Facilities
Outside the classroom, students have access to internship opportunities and industry partnerships, facilitating several possibilities for entrepreneurial and professional success.
(To explore our Mumbai campus, Visit:- http://www.isdi.in/campus-facilities)
Undergraduate Program (UGP) – Candidates currently studying in grade 12th from any board with an interest in Design & Innovation are eligible to apply.
Postgraduate Program (PGP) – Candidates currently studying in 15th grade OR a graduate OR a diploma holder from any stream can apply.
Pre College Academy (PCA) – Candidates studying in any grade between 9th to 12th grade are eligible to apply
How to Apply:
- ISDI is a socially responsible organization and contributes to the global green movement. Hence there are no hard copies of forms available. Candidates can start by filling the application form available on our website www.isdi.in
- Candidates are required to submit an application fee of Rs 3000/- via Demand Draft in favor of “ISDI” payable at Mumbai as fees for ISDI Challenge along with the Declaration form which can be downloaded from the website.
- To schedule the ISDI Challenge, candidates can visit the ISDI website for exam dates and confirm their preference by calling the admissions helpline on +91 77188 65341 or sending an email to email@example.com
- ISDI Challenge, the entrance exam for the Undergraduate and Postgraduate programs comprises of a design aptitude test and a studio test which is followed by a personal interview on the same day (Outstation students can contact the admissions team to schedule the ISDI Challenge outside Mumbai)
- The results will be communicated to the candidate via email after ratification by the ISDI Admissions Committee. This may take up to 10 days from the date of the ISDI Challenge.
- Outstation students can contact the Admissions Office for assistance for accommodation after being accepted by ISDI.
ISDI Challenge Dates
17th Jan 2015 (ISDI Mumbai Campus)
31st Jan 2015 (Jaipur)
(Last date to complete application formalities, submit the DD along with the declaration form for the 17th Jan 2015 exam is 10th Jan 2015)
Candidate may register for any one date. Please start by filling the application form here. Once your application is received, you will get a revert from our admissions team within 48 hours and you can register with your preferred date for ISDI Challenge.
(To know more about the admission requirements for UG Programs, application procedure, key dates, Visit:- holarships, http://www.isdi.in/admissions-undergraduate-programs)
ACCOMODATION ASSITANCE AVAILABLE (To be put in bold)
Address and contact
Indian school of Design and innovation (ISDI), Parsons Mumbai, 4th Floor, Tower 2A, One Indiabulls center, Senapati Bapat Marg, Lower Parel, Mumbai – 400013
Admissions helpline: +91 77188 65341 Admission email:firstname.lastname@example.org